this was a test knit for julie’s wildflower tank, which was just published in the spring 2012 interweave knits!
i started quite awhile ago, and finished all of the knitting in 2011. but i still had a few finishing tweaks left to do (a little knitting on the i-cord, a few ends to sew in), which is why i’m considering this a 2012 knit.
caitlin and i went to the botanical gardens, and hung out in the greenhouses to take these pictures. my body soaked up the fresh air and the bright warmth and sunshine in the greenhouses like a starving thing. this was the best place i could think of to take picture of a summer knit in february.
some people talk about yarn dominance in colorwork, or uneven stockinette, but i don’t really notice either of those things… what i do notice is a size disparity in my yarnovers, depending on what’s happening around them, which i wish i knew how to do something about. blocking evens them out a bit, but i can still see it…
i know recently i’ve been big on the steam-blocking, and i used it again here. once before sewing in the lace placket, which helped TREMENDOUSLY, and once at the end. i think with silk steam blocking really helps to preserve the sheen and drape.
other things we saw, clockwise from upper left: a cacao melon, bananas, a topiary that looked like a dog with antlers, and a crazy vine which grew up a pipe in a perfect corkscrew.