Do you remember when I fell in love with woollenflower’s cow parsley cowl? Well, I wasn’t joking. I liked it so much that I decided to recreate it for myself. I mapped it out and made a delicate hat with the cow parsley pattern.
As usual, the biggest challenge was how to decrease in the pattern. I ended up with this rather lovely six pointed star at the crown.
I went for an extra long brim to maximize the flexibility, and also the warmth. The yarn is quite fine, so even though the base is alpaca, the breeze could get through quite easily. Hopefully making the brim foldable to double it up would help with some of that.
Sea Flowers hat <–Ravelry Project Page
Needle: US size 2 (1.75mm) circulars
Yarn: Frog Tree Alpaca Wool Fingering (oatmeal)
Thrifted Shetland Wool sweater I unraveled (seafoam)